Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid lipstick in Electric Orange


Bright notice-me-now lips is a current trend and I am obsessed with bright lipsticks lately. But I have to agree that bright lips are high maintenance. You have to look out for feathering, smudging, drying effect and of course fading/staying power. Maybelline vivid lipsticks surely agree with my bright lips obsession. They have super bright colors in this collection, perfect for spring and summer. Keep in mind that some of them look different on the lips than in the tube.




Initially I was going to go for Shocking Coral after I bought Hot plum but Shocking coral looked more pink than coral so I went for “Electric Orange”. Click here to see my review on Maybelline vivid Hot plumOrange is the new red right now. I have tried several orange lipsticks but this one turned out to be the most ORANGE out of all.



Maybelline Electric orange is not as thick in formula as hot plum. Also it is glossier than hot plum. It goes on kind of sheer and you have to layer it 2-3 times for super orange look but don’t overdo it or it will look patchy. This vibrant color gives a nice juicy look.  Staying power is not as good as hot plum but it is not bad. I have pigmented lips so it doesn't look as orange as it should on me.




All-in-all I love Maybelline Vivid lipsticks and this color. Electric orange is my favorite orange lip color so far.  It’s a bright, bold, pigmented, very daring glossy orange color. If you need a sudden mood boost on a gloomy day then go for this color. Bright orange lips and thick black eyeliner is super glam and easy look which will transform you in to a diva in no time.

These lipsticks cost $5.50-$8.50 depending on the store. They are made in USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment