I am not a big fan of lip stain products. They usually set into the lip cracks and give a very dry, flaky look which I hate. But this is supposed to be a gloss stain, so I decided to give it a try.
Things I don’t like about this product:
- First of all it doesn’t stay on for 10 hours. And I don’t expect it to stay that long. As per my opinion this “lasts for blabla number of hours” is just a marketing gimmick.
- It has a very liquidy texture, you have to apply at least 3 coats for even application.
- It starts to get patchy for me after 3 hours.
- It transfers.
- It leaves a strain ring around your lips. You need a heavy duty makeup cleaner to get it off.
- The shape of the applicator makes it difficult to precisely outline lips.
Now good things about this product:
- It doesn’t have a sticky, heavy feel; it feels very lightweight on the lips.
- It doesn’t dry out on the lips and your lips don’t feel pulled or stretched.
- Doesn't settle in the cracks. No flaky look on the lips. Doesn't peel off.
- It has a glossy finish when applied and stays glossy until it starts to fade.
- You can wear it shear or make it bold by layering.
|Berry Heavenly : Left- single swatch, Right- 2 coat swatch|
I have the shade “120 - berry heavenly”. It is a berry color with a bluish undertone. The color is very pretty. It is that kind of color which makes your teeth look whiter.
Overall this is a 6 on a 1-10. If you are looking for a long lasting stain then this product is not for you, but if you don’t mind reapplying you should try it out.
It costs $5.99-$8.99 depending on the store. They are made in