Saturday, April 13, 2013

Benefit High Beam, Sun Beam and Cha Cha tint


These were one of my first high end makeup purchases. I have them in mini travel size portions as I wanted to try them before I spend around $30 each to buy them. High beam and Sunbeam are highlighters while Cha cha tint is a mango tinted lip and cheek stain. All of them have creamy liquid texture and they come in a nail-polish type tube. You get the tiny nail polish type brush as an applicator to dot the product on and then you blend with a brush or fingers.
  


From L to R: High beam, Sun beam, Cha cha tint
High Beam:
High beam is a lilac pink colored highlighter. The color is very pretty with subtle pink. It is lilac but doesn’t look ashy at all. I love the texture of this product but its color is not one of a kind. There are several similar highlighters in the market, the closest dupe I have is elf color stick in persimmon. Hard Candy’s glow is also very similar. High beam, gives you a very pretty, non-glittery highlight which lasts all day. You can apply it on your cheekbones, cupid’s bow area, on the bridge of the nose or wherever you wish to highlight. It doesn’t get oily and blends very smoothly.  I like the product very much but I will not purchase a full size of this as I can buy a very similar highlighter for as low as $1 (elf).
  

persimmon and glow

From L to R: High beam, persimmon, glow
Sun Beam:
Sun beam is a golden bronze highlighter. Again I like it very much but it’s not a one of a kind color. The Benefit website how to apply section they say “Dot on top of cheekbones & blend towards the hairline. Dab under each brow & gently blend.” Sun beam is a nice warm color with yellow undertones. It gives a natural sun kissed look to the skin. You can mix a little sun beam with your foundation for all over radiance and a dewy effect. It blends effortlessly; staying power is very impressive too.


Sun beam and Cha cha tint swatch

Cha Cha tint:
Cha cha tint is mango tinted lip and cheek stain. I love this coral mango color. I am originally from a tropical country so Mangos have special place in my heart. When I heard it’s a mango tinted stain I was super excited to try it. Though I don’t think other than color it has anything to do with mangoes. This is a nice pigmented creamy liquid stain and it doesn’t have any shimmer. It is easy to blend, however, remember to blend it quickly after you dot it on otherwise you will have a blotchy stain. I think this color will look gorgeous on all skin tones. If you are into coral this spring, this is the product for you. Love this product.


I must say all three of them looks very natural on skin. They are very pretty good quality products. They are a bit pricey for my taste but otherwise I like them very much.
Full-size Benefit Sun beam and High beam (0.45 oz) are $26 each and Cha cha tint (0.42 oz) costs $30. Benefit does not test cosmetic products on animals. They are made in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment