Monday, January 28, 2013

Elf powder Blush and Bronzer duos


Eyes Lips Face (ELF) is an affordable online makeup brand. Well mostly online, you can find some of the elf products in Target, K-mart sometimes in Big lots but the whole line is only available online. Personally I am not comfortable buying makeup products online as colors on the websites are often deceptive. So it took me long time to finally place an order. Finally after a lot of adding/removing products from my online shopping cart I placed an order. Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

I ordered 2 of the elf powder blush and bronzer duos. These are from their studio i.e. $3 line. I wanted to order all 3 of them but the one in Antigua seemed to have a lot of glitter so I gave that a pass. So I have it in St. Lucia and Turks and Caicos. 

The packaging of these duos is very nice. It has a sturdy black case with a descent size mirror, looks very much like NARS duos. This product looks expensive from outside.

St. Lucia (Blush and Bronzer duo)

St. Lucia duo Swatch


St. Lucia : This has light peach colored blush and a nice brown bronzer. Both the blush and the bronzer have shimmer.
I love the bronzer part of this duo very much. Though the bronzer has some shimmer (not glitter) you can definitely use it to contour. It is super pigmented so a little goes a long way.
Well blush part is completely different story. It has medium size gold glitter and the color is very light. It is almost nothing shade on my cheeks even after 3-4 layers. Not a fan of this blush.

Turks and Caicos (Blush and Bronzer Duo)

Turks and Caicos duo swatch


Turks and Caicos : This has a dusty rose colored blush and a dark brown bronzer. They both have shimmer.
The bronzer in this duo is darker than the St. Lucia bronzer. I think it can look muddy on super fair skin but it will work for medium, deeper skin tones. It is super pigmented so a little goes a long way. It applies smooth and it’s easy to blend.
The blush in this duo goes on much darker than it looks. It is pigmented and has golden shimmer.  I like this blush very much.

Both of these duos have some fallout. I think they are good value for money. They cost $3 each and they are made in China. ELF is Cruelty free brand as stated on PETA's list. What do you think about them?


No comments:

Post a Comment